Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

MACtober 3rd - Brush Wishlist

MAC Cosmetics brushes are pretty well known for their high quality. Me, I have never myself tried a MAC brush but I have a few friends who have and absolutely love them. And then of course there's the several beauty girls on YouTube that basicall all they have is MAC and Sigma brushes...I would really really like to try out a MAC brush or two...or like, five...or, all of them. Hahaha. Well, today I've put together a wishlist with the five brushes I want most... These five, if you were to put them on say, your Christmas list or whatever holiday you may celebrate, or perhaps your birthday, these brushes would give you almost a complete kit...all you would need for an entire look. If any of you have tried ay of these brushes, please leave a comment telling me what you thought or think of them, especially if it is worth it, considering MAC brushes are so expensive. Oh, and the order of the wishlist is totally random!
1. MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush - I feel like this is the one MAC brush anyone that owns a MAC brush HAS to have. It's like, a classic eye shader brush and supposedly it is the best eye shader brush you can get and lasts a really long time, plus it's super high quality. This brush is something I could see myself using every single day, and I really would love to try out this brush! All the reviews I've read say this brush is amazing and everyone loves this brush. It's $24.50, seemingly expensive for an eye shader brush, compared to like, ELF brushes for $1. I'd love to see if this one's worth it!! http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/145/383/239-Eye-Shader-Brush/index.tmpl

2. MAC 217 Blending Brush - I feel like I really really need to get a blending brush...I actually use an angled eyeshadow brush, the ELF Defining Eye Brush, to blend my shadows, but I feel like this brush would make bleing so much easier and I really would love to try this brush out. Like the 239 brush, all of the reviews for this 217 brush say this brush is excellent and everyone loves using this brush to blend eyeshadows! I feel like everyone that wears eyeshadow needs a brush to blend out their eyeshadow, preferably a blending brush rather than an angled eyeshadow brush, lol. This brush, at $22.50, is $2.00 less than the 239 shader brush. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/145/380/217-Blending-Brush/index.tmpl

3. MAC 316 Lip Brush - this brush is on my list not only to apply lip color, perhaps if you were using a bright lipstick, you could use this rather than applying straight from the tube, but you could also use this as an eyeliner brush, maybe for applying eyeshadow along your lower lashline or also to apply gel liner, which I personally have never tried but am definitely interested in trying out...anyway I really would like to try out this lip brush it looks awesome and like the 239 and 217 brushes, all the reviews I've read, everyone seems to love this brush (although that probably is the case for 99.9% of MAC products, lol) but this brush looks awesome and I'd love to try it, it's $19.50 http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/147/295/316-Lip-Brush/index.tmpl

4. MAC 187 Duo Fibre Brush - This "Duo Fibre Brush" according to reviews, is actually a stippling brush, and I've wanted a stippling brush for quite some time now to apply both foundation and also I think a stippling brush would work great for applying powder. This brush looks amazing and almost all the reviews are good, one says the brush hairs fall out, but other than that, well, that seems to be the only complaint about this brush. I've wanted a good stippling brush for a while now, but I'm not sure I'd like to pay the full price on this one - at $42, this brush might be one to skip if you're on a budget. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/146/772/187-Duo-Fibre-Brush/index.tmpl

5. MAC 116 Blush Brush - Currently I am using a Lancome blush brush and I do like it a lot, but I would love to try this out and see what MAC has to offer when it comes to blush brushes. This one is just called the "Blush Brush" and I'd love to see what this brush is all about. Like the other brushes I mentioned on this wishlist, this brush gets generally positive reviews, one says it picks up too much color (but then just be more careful next time, not a problem) and one says it sheds. Well, all brushes are going to shed at some point. This brush looks like an amazing brush I'd be happy to add to my collection. It is a little expensive at $34, but aren't all high end face brushes? http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/146/292/116-Blush-Brush/index.tmpl




MAC Brush Cleanser - $13 for 233 ml http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/135/307/Brush-Cleanser/index.tmpl

No comments:

Post a Comment