Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Nail polish!

OPI, China Glaze, Essie... all brands of nail polish, one if my favorite things. I can't stand plain nails. Theyre just so.... plain lol. My nails are almost always painted, even if they have a chip or 2 in them. Right now I'm wearing Pure Ice "Iced Merlot" it's a really pretty purply red color. It was only $2 at Walmart, and hasn't chipped yet. My little sister also got one that's pretty too. I really would like to be more spontaneous when it comes to nail polish color... I tend to go for darker colors as opposed to brights or neons. It's one of my New Year Resolutions. I really would like to try MAC Soiree, a super metallic gold color, and then China Glaze's pool party, a bright neon coral pinkish color. Of course, I really would like to try bright oranges or blues, something different, like opaque lime green. Today, I went shopping and bought a new color. It's by Del Sol, and quite similar to Pure Ice "Iced Merlot" however, it changes to purple when you're outside! How awesome is that? Another thing I'd like to do is try out some new brands, maybe drugstore brands this time, like Pure Ice and Sally Hansen. I'd like to try being more spontaneous when it comes to nail art, too. Like, putting polka dots on w a homemade dotting tool or maybe splurging on those nail polishes with the really thin brushes. Of course, I already have Sally Hansen nail art pens. I actually did a review on YouTube. They're pretty good, but you have to apply when your bails are COMPLETELY DRY or it ruins everything. I learned that the hard way. Nails are like art. Another thing I really have been wanting to try out was water marbling. I have a few different colors that would look good together... Pure Ice "Iced Merlot," OPI "Take the Stage," NYC Big Money Frost"... I actually did try that out once, and it didn't exactly go that wel, but then again, I was kindof impatient that day lol. Different designs on nails are awesome, especially when nails are art... I love art. Manis and pedis are amazing! Reccomendations any polishes? Leave a comment below (:

xoxo
-Ali <3

No comments:

Post a Comment