Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pretty Little Liars Book Review! ♥

I ♥ Pretty Little Liars. I ♥ it! I went to Barnes and Noble this past Tuesday, February 22, and I purchased 2 books with giftcards I had received for Christmas... A Tale of Two Pretties by Lisi Harrison and Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard. Now I was supposed to save both books to read at school, but that didn't happen lol. I finished Pretty Little Liars within 2 days after starting it, that's how amazingly good it was. I read it in bed, rather than tweeting ot texting or whatever else. I'm going to try not to give away any spoilers, I'll tell you guys before I do, if I do. But anyway, here's what it says on the back: "Spencer covets her sister's boyfriend. Aria's fantasizing about her English teacher. Emily's crushing on the new girl at school. And Hanna uses some ugly tricks to stay beautiful. But they've all kept an even bigger secret since their friend Alison vanished. How do I know? Because I know everything about the bad girls they were and the naughty girls they are now. And guess what? I'm telling. -A" See, that right there has suspense and mystery. The whole book is kindof like a dramtic romance type book...does that make sense? Everything in this book is described so well that I can pretty much picture it, and that's always a good thing. And it indicates that Sara Shepard is a really good writer. The prologue, in this case titled "How It All Started" is really good too, because it makes you get a sense of what's going on here and how Alison went missing. "A"'s messages make this book really suspenseful, and I really am dying to know who it is. A knows pretty much everything, like, when Ezra realizes that Aria is his student, Aria receives a text from A saying that she knows... who could A be? No one else saw them at the bar...et supposedly (SPOLER ALERT) A is Mona, Hanna's best friend, who is, in this book, I wouldn't consider her a major character, but she's definitely not a minor character either. She's like an in between. Then, the second A is (SPOILER ALERT) Alison? Yes, Ali is very much alive. It's all explained in the later books, I'm sure. So, yeah, there are two A's here. At the very end, technically after the book has ended, there's a "note" to the reader from "A" and here, I shall type it out for you, word for word. Here goes.... "I bet you thought I was Alison, didn't you? Well, sorry, but I'm not. Duh. She's dead.  Nope, I'm very much alive... and I'm very, very close. And for a certain clique of four pretty girls, the fun has just started. Why? 'Cause I say so. Naughty behavior deserves punishment, after all. And Rosewood's finest deserve to know that Aria's been doing some extra-credit smooching with her English teacher, don't they? Not to mention the nasty family secret she's been hiding for years. The girl is a train wreck. While I'm at it, I really ought to tip Emily's parents off to the reason she's been acting funny lately. Hey there, Mr. Fieldsm nice weather, huh? And by the way, your daughter likes kissing girls. Then there's Hanna. Poor Hanna. Just free-falling into dorkdom.. She may try to claw her way back to the top, but don't worry-I'll be there waiting to knock her rapidly growing back into a pair of stonewashed mom-jeans. Oh my god, I almost forgot Spencer. She's a total mess! After all, her family thinks she's a completely worthless skank. That's gotta suck. And just between us, it's about to get much worse. Spencer's keeping a deep, dark secret that could pretty much ruin all four of their lives. But who would tell such an awful secret? Oh, I don't know. Take a wild guess. Bingo. Life's so much fun when you know everything. Just how do I know so much? You're probably dying to know, aren't you? Well, relax. All in due time. Believe me I'd love to tell you. But what's the fun in that? I'll be watching. -A" So yep, that was the little note that "A" left to the reader. Right now, A is, as I know, (SPOILER ALERT) Mona. Yepp...definitely does not seem like A. But it makes sense, considering how Mona was treated back in seventh grade by the girls. It would make sense that she would want to get even...the thing is, how would she know all that stuff, the things the girls only told Ali? That's what I'd really like to know. Mona and Ali, if they're A, well then I'd probably have to guess that Mona and Ali are not true friends at all, like Aria, Spencer, Emily, and Hanna. Maybe, I'm guessing, Mona knows that Ali is alive and that Courtney exists?? Idk lol, but I definitely want to read Flawless. Sooo I want to try and read the rest of the PLL books that are out by July, when the 9th book, Twisted, comes out, and then I think there will be 3 more Pretty Little Liars books to come out after that.Which, I can't wait, because I would really like to know what Sara does after Courtney's existence, and Ali's being alive, is revealed...there wouldn't really be much of a mystery, would there? I'm guessing that maybe it's something to do with Toby and Jenna Cavenaugh. Now there's the TV series, and this is really confusing me because the girls are described completely different in the books than in the TV show. For example, Hanna has reddish-brown hair in the book, but is blonde on TV. I mean, the TV show does an amazing job of portraying the book. It just all makes sense, I guess. What I don't get is the whole Courtney/Alison thing, but I haven't gotten that far just yet. I'll probably do book reviews for the other PLL books as well, because this is definitely the best series I've ever read so far. Btw, thank you for reading this ♥ I know it was long, so if you read through the whole thing, well you're a true PLL fan ♥ so anyway, this is the book that I got, with this cover...
If you're wondering, the order of the PLL books so far would be...
1. Pretty Little Liars
2. Flawless
3. Perfect
4. Unbelievable
5. Wicked
6. Killer
7. Heartless
8. Wanted
9. Twisted
10. [Unknown]
11. [Unknown]
12. [Unknown]

Thank you for reading this! If you're going to read this book, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. xoxo, "A"

No comments:

Post a Comment