Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

MAC Wishlist (Top 5)

Hi, these are the top five things I want from MAC. I knew if I didn't limit it, this list would go on forever haha, so I made myself pick five things I want to try from MAC Cosmetics! I'm gonna do this by like, eyes, then lips, then face. All of these items are permanent! Okay, here we go...1. MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
On the website, this paint pot is listed under the MAC shadows, but MAC paint pots are commonly used as eyeshadow primers, and they supposedly work amazingly for that. I definitely would like to try one of these eyeshadow bases and I think it will help my shadow to not crease, and to last longer. I definitely would want to try this in either Bare Study or Painterly - both are nudes that would blend well with my skintone, hopefully, but Bare Study has a little bit of shimmer. And I love all the shimmer I can get. Bare Study is a frost finish. MAC Paint Pots are $17.50. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/154/1573/Paint-Pot/index.tmpl
 2. MAC Eyeshadow in  Woodwinked
As you know, if you read my Everyday Makeup post at least, I like to wear a darker brown color on my lid. I have one MAC eyeshadow, and it is byfar the best quality eyeshadow I've ever used. I found MAC Woodwinked, it would be the perfect shade for my lid. I've heard great reviews on this color, described as a warm antiqued gold with a Veluxe Pearl Finish. MAC Eyeshadow in pot form has gone up to $15.00 from $14.50, but I still think it is well worth it. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/154/363/Eye-Shadow/index.tmpl
3. MAC Lipstick in Hue
This color is a gorgeous pale pink. I've looked at swatches on different blogs and this comes out much different on your lips than in the tube, this is a really pretty pink nude, described on the MAC website as a soft pale pink with a Glaze finish. I think this color would look amazing with my everyday makeup! Again, I've heard great reviews on this color. I probably will wait until I've gotten six other items then just Back to MAC and get this! In the picture it looks darker than it does on your lips though. I would pair this with either Burt's Bee's Lipgloss in Sweet Pink, or the NARS Lipgloss in Turkish delight, on my NARS wishlist! To see the swatches I looked at: http://www.temptalia.com/the-spring-season-mac-hue-lipstick and this lipstick is $14.50. http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/168/310/Lipstick/index.tmpl
4. MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC27
I actually used MAC's online Foundation Finder and this was one of the results. This foundation supposedly provides a flawless, natural, matte finish. I have tried foundation before, I didn't really like it, I think it just was because it was too dark for my skintone. I'm hoping this works a little bit better, the color looks like it would blend well, but if I were to get foundation, I would probably go to a MAC counter and have them match my my skin tone perfectly. This is $29.50. http://www.maccosmetics.com/products/spp/shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT158&PRODUCT_ID=PROD373&SKU_ID=SKU1414
5. MAC Powder Blush in Mocha
I've heard amazing reviews on MAC blushes - there's amazing reviews on all MAC products though haha. But this blush looks like it would look nice with my skintone, it is described as a soft plum pink with a matte finish. This looks like it would give a nice "I ran around the playground" type of look rather than a "I just put blush on" type of look which is what I want in a blush, plus a subtle color that will look natural, yet will still add some color. This blush, like all MAC blushes, is $19.50 http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/156/329/Powder-Blush/index.tmpl
Thank you for reading! xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment