Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Review: Bath and Body Works Strawberry Lemonade Liplicious

A few posts back in my mini-haul posts, I had mentioned I got this lipgloss and in the post I did about perfumes and body mists and scents, I mentioned the scent of this lipgloss. I thought I'd do a review on this today, because I really want to talk about this product on my blog, because I love lipgloss. So, this is, obviously, Bath & Body Works Strawberry Lemonade Liplicious. If you go and read the reviews on the website, you'll find that this is a product everyone loves and would reccomend. All the reviews say this lipgloss smells and tastes just like strawberry lemonade and it's so great and a good value and all that. Honestly, I think it's a bit overrated. I'm not saying I don't like this gloss, because I do, it's just overrated. I actually, when I went to buy this, didn't even bother with the tester in the store. I had read the reviews several times and had really wanted to try a Liplicious product. I purchased this lipgloss, at eight dollars, with a giftcard my friend had given me for my birthday. I'm kind of happy I purchased this gloss with a giftcard rather than my own money, because I'm not certain it would have been worth it. Like I mentioned before, Iam not at all saying I don't like this gloss. It's a very pretty color with a very nice scent, but was very very sticky, and tasted...weird. The color, is two combined glosses, a girly medium pink color and a very sheer, light color with shimmer/glitter. Together, these look great! The more sheer color lightens the pink slightly providing the perfect juicy color. It smeels pretty good too, but I think the strawberry is a little overpowering, and I wish there was more lemonade in this scent. It still does smell pleasant however and is good for anyone who likes the smell of strawberries. Surprisingly, it smells like real strawberries. This gloss is very very sticky, and I had to blot a few times to get the feel I wanted, as it felt kind of heavy applied straight out of the tube. The taste, it tasted...ew when it was a sticky "mess" well, not a mess, it just felt sticky and heavy on my lips, but before blotting it tasted weird, it's hard to explain the taste. But it was weird. However, when I licked my lips, it tasted absolutely amazing, like strawberry lemonade!b Yummy! So, I definitely have mixed feelings for this lipgloss, the stickiness is definitely the biggest turnff, but the color, scent, and taste do make up for it. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give this lipgloss a 7...you can see there how badly I dislike the stickiness of this gloss! It looks so pretty when paired with a bronze eye, or even a bronze smokey eye. Anyway, if you are interested in this gloss, please visit http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11428161&cp=11808314.11808427

I hope you enjoyed my review! If you would like me to review any other products, please leave a comment below, or tweet me @hersheykiss723

No comments:

Post a Comment