Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Georgetown Cupcakes (DC Cupcakes)

So there's this show called DC Cupcakes on TLC, which most of you have probably watched. It's about 2 sisters, Sophie and Katherine, who ditched their corporate jobs to follow their dream and own a bakery. They're cupcakes are pretty much THE cupcakes. THE best cupcakes. I never had a chance to try them. Until today, that is. When I got home from school, there were 2 dozen DC Cupcakes waiting at my house. Yum. The cupcakes were absolutely delish. And sent to my mom for her birthday, which is today. I had 1 and 1/4 of a cupcake... 1 vanilla cupcake, and one that I don't know what the flavor is called, but it's insanely good. The cake looked vanilla, but it had some kind of chocolate cookie candies inside, and a yummy cream cheese icing topped with those same chocolate cookie candies. I'm still waiting to try the red velvet later, which is my personal fav. Although, the vanilla and the unnamed one were absolutely fantastic. Actually, if you go on the website and click "Menu", the exact one that I had, same frosting, same decoration...the exact one was called the "Vanilla & Chocolate" - personally, I describe it as a moist golden cake, with a rich chocolate icing and beautiful pink fondant flower. On the website, the cupcake is described as
"Classic madagascar bourbon vanilla cupcake with a whipped Callebaut chocolate frosting topped with a fondant flower" hahaha I have no idea what that means. Let's see if I can find the other cupcake I had... ooh here it is! Toffee Crunch! It was amazing. The description from the website... "Toffee cupcake with a toffee-infused vanilla frosting topped with crushed heath bar" yum! Sure tasted a lot like cream cheese icing though... and the cupcakes look EXACTLY as they do on the website, no joke. They're. So. Good. And they come in pretty boxes, wrapped with a pretty black and white Georgetown Cupcake ribbon. Amazingness. These cupcakes are like, my new favorite food! Amazingness hahaha. Well, here are pictures of the cupcakes I tried, and also a picture taken from my phone :)


By the way, the website is http://www.georgetowncupcake.com/ and don't forget to check out the show on TLC. :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment