Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

There is no point to rounding your numbers.

What is the point in rounding your numbers to the tens place, hundredths, thoudandth, tens, etc.? There is none. I think it's better just to leave the number alone if it's not repeating or irrational, or just put one of those bar notation thingies on top if it's a repeating decimal. I always forget to round my numbers, mostly to the tenth place. I think it's better to leave it as it's actuall number. Personally, for example I like the number "12.14" alot better than I like "12.1" it's just more exact. I like exact numbers. I don't like rounding, I cannot stand it! And I have a habit of not rounding my numbers, just leaving them the way the naturally are. Actually, I hate the whole concept of decimals. I thin I'll numbers should just be positive whole numbers. Yep, no negative numbers either. Oh, and no number should be greater than 1,000, and all numbers are divisible by all other numbers. But that's not reality, is it? No. Sadly. Like, math is my favorite class, mainly because my favorite teacher teaches math... but anyway, math itself is not something I enjoy. Too many numbers. Yeah, I have an A+ in math, so it's not like I don't know how to do any of that mathematical stuff, but it's just annoying. Kindof like a little sibling. I hate big numbers, I guess. And division. Unless its something divisible like 42/6 or somthing. But not crazed numbers like 7,927/18 or anything like that. Although, if I was being forced to do that problem, I would have no problem leaving it with whatever digits come after the decimal, not taking em all away and rounding. Because a) I feel bad for the numbers that have to be taken away lol and b) I just prefer to leave a number naturally the way it is supposed to be.
And that is all I wanted to get across.
xo, ali

No comments:

Post a Comment