Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Hair Routine! Feat. Zoe Flatiron

Straight hair is like my signature look. Every once in a while I'll braid it wet for long waves/curls or sometimes I'll put it up in a messy bun or fishtail braid, etc. but 9 days out of 10, my hair is stick straight. I, unfortunately am not allowed to show my face, but I will have a picture at the end of this blog entry of my hair, not my face. Okay, I try to shower every day, usually it's every other day, which is actually healthier for your hair. Usually, my showers take 20-30 min max. Okay, so I do my hair in quite a few steps... the first step, obviously, would be shampooing my hair. Sometimes I'll double-poo (lol) but usually I just shampoo once. The shampoo I use varies with what happens to be in the shower, usually it's something by either Herbal Essences, Pantene, or Garnier Fructis. All are amazing products, the one I'm using at the moment is Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship - amazing scent, btw. Red raspberries and silk! Then I''ll condition my hair, I don't condition my scalp, I find that it leaves it unneccesarily greasy looking. The conditioner I am currently using, and have been using for the past several months, is Pantene Nature Fusion, and I am in love. It smells so nice and is overall an amazing product that hydrates my hair very well, which is important because I use a lot of heat on my thick, kind of frizzy hair. When I get out of the shower, I simply brush out my hair (yeah I know you're supposed to use a wide tooth comb but I find it easier just to use a regular hairbrush) and wrap it up in a towel to soak up some of the excess water, that way I won't have to apply as much heat. Sometimes I'll let my hair airdry, but most tuimes I blowdry - I use a Conair blowdryer - not sure of the exact model, but it's black and dries my hair within a reasonable amount of time. Oh, before blowdrying, I spray my hair with TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray, which, btw, is an excellent product. I can see what a difference it makes in my hair! When I'm done blowdrying, I like to use a straightener, just to tame my frizz and make my hair smoother and straighter. I use a Zoe Flatiron, which was $30 at Ulta. The description from the official Ulta website is... "The Zoe Styling Iron features 1" tourmaline ceramic straightening plates that help to seal moisture into the hairstrand for smoother, shinier and more manageable hair. Model features 410 degree maximum heat, 9-foot swivel cord, and a thermal pouch." This flatiron is overall an amazing product and has many pros to it, such as how quickly it heats up and easy it is to straighten my hair  however I do think it could do a little bit better if it got a tiny bit hotter and had different heat settings. I have a slightly tough time geting my ends to stay straight also, they're slightly curled. Zoe, however, is a great place to start if you're looking for your first flatiron. I do have to go over my hair 2x sometimes, but it does an amazing job!
This is actually the exact sraightener I have! It has a really pretty pattern on it :)

My hairrrrr...it's not exactly the best picture, I took this with my 2 megapixel phone! No, I'm not allowed to show you guys my face either, as you can tell. Lol.

-Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment