Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Lipgloss. Again.

I'm thinking about lipgloss, again, wanting a nice lipgloss that I still have yet to get. I have tried Burt's Bee's which is nice but very sheer and not too shimmery and Bath & Body Work's Liplicious which I love the shimmer, but not the taste or color, and the one I have is Strawberry Lemonade. I have tried a few higher end lipglosses and I seem to like those a lot better. I tried Lancome's Juicy Tubes in the color Spring Fling - it was so so pretty and I absolutely loved it...but unfortunately I lost it when I had it in my boot at my science fair. I have also tried Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Raspberry. That was when my mother had taken me to the Clinique counter when I was about nine, back when my lips got super dry. The lady at the counter reccomended that and she let me pick the color I wanted. Of course I was nine so I opted for the brightest most obnoxious color, Raspberry, and I liked the gloss, but I think it was too dark for me, and I didn't like the scent. I've tried Christian Dior Rouge Dior Creme de Gloss in 255. And I've tried Clinique's Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in Air Kiss, and I loved that color quite a bit. So, I haven't really tried as many lipglosses as other people, and as far as lipstick goes...well my mother would wear lipstick everyday, and the shade that she always wore was a darker color. I had the idea that all lipsticks were dark colors, and I personally am looking for a sparkly sweet bubblegum pink color. Actually, if my lips were the exact color of Nars Turkish Delight lipgloss in the tube, I'd be like the happiest girl in the world. But they're not. Recently I have been looking at lipsticks online though and I really would like to try MAC's Pretty Please. But anyway, right now, I'm just thinking about a lipgloss that would make my lips look sparkly and pink and kissable. And preferably one that smells amazing (I think that's half of why I liked Juicy Tubes so much) that doesn't plump (My lips are full enough on their own) and possibly something that is safe and chemical free and with natural ingredients. However, I know that finding a lipgloss that in my eyes is absolutely perfect would be very difficult and most likely impossible. I've thought of a few options here, and I want to know - if any of you have tried these lipglosses, do you like them, or do you not like them? Why/why not? I'm trying to eliminate possibilities here and find one that is right for me, without being overly expensive. I really really like the Nars Turkish Delight lipgloss, but at $24, I do not think that would be something I'm willing to spend so much money on. I have a few options here - Nars Turkish Delight - if it really is as good as everyone says it is, I might have to try it out for myself, no matter the price. Then I was thinking of trying MAC's Tinted Lipgloss in Oyster Girl or Illicit. I've looked up swatches online in hopes of finding a lip color I can look forward to buying. I'm also thinking about trying some of the lipglosses I've already tried, specifically Clinique's Long Last Glosswear in Air Kiss or Lancome Juicy Tubes in Spring Fling. But in order to get the exact color I want I definitely think I would also need a lipstick, such as, MAC's Pretty Please.Another option would be Stila Lip Glaze in Passion Fruit. I am also thinking of trying the Stila Lip Glaze Trio - Cool which is just $12 and comes in three pretty shades - Grapefruit, Seashell, and Raisin. I think that this would be something that could eventually end up on my "I-Have-to-Have-It" list...hahaha! I've heard great things about Stila lip products and ultimately think that this would be what I would go for!

No comments:

Post a Comment