Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back to School: What's In My School Bag? And Organization Tips!

Hi everyone! I'm so so so excited for school to start. I actually like seriously legit do love school, for three reasons, mainly - it gives me a chance to get out of the house, rather than sit there all day, I get to see my friends, and, of course, SHOPPING. That would be, clothes shopping, but also, something else I have a secret obsession with, is school supply shopping. As soon as I saw glamourista16's video on YouTube, I decided that I absolutely totally had to do this video. I'm going to wait until after I start school though so I can show you what's in my bag after school has started and during the school year, and I want to be able to show you like, some of my notes and point out a few tips I reccomend trying in order to have the best school year yet. But, if you didn't know, I am a total shopaholic, meaning, I love shopping for just about anything. There are a few exceptions, but school supplies and fun things like that are definitely not one! I cannot wait to do this video, but for now, I'm going to give you guys some tips and tricks I've found help me have a very successful year. Oh, and I'm going into my last year of Middle School, for anyone wondering. But these are just some tips that worked for me, they are miscellaneous - some hacve to do with studying, some have to do with tests/quizzes, some have to do w homework, using your time wisely, etc. etc. etc. So, here goes...♥ Note Taking: Take your notes for each class in different colors. In the beginning of the year, assign each class a color, say, French is pink, Algebra is Orange, etc. It makes studying so much more interesting, at least for me, because I'm not staring at a page full of boring old pencil. Also, it helps you stay organized - you know what's what!
♥ Organization: Similar to that above tip, color coordination really helps you stay organized. For example, get like a purple binder, notebook, folder, and pens for say, History, and it'll make it easy when it comes time to go to that class, you'll know exactly what you have and what you need!
♥ Homework: Never, ever procrastinate. It's always best to start working on homework and projects the day they're assigned. Say you have a huge project, due in two weeks. If you're a procrastinater and wait until the day before, the project will most likely turn out much worse than it could've been, causing your grades to, after a while, drop significantly, which is never good!
♥ Homework: Keep a planner or agenda with you at all times! This was my lifesaver last year. I wrote down all my homework assignments, projects, tests, quizzes, after school activites, etc. And with that, I never missed a single thing! My planner was my lifesaver, and really helps me to remember things!
♥ Studying: So, say you have a test in say, French, in eight days. Divide the material you need to know by seven, study one seventh each night. On the night before the test or quiz, review everything! This helps you by not cramming a ton of information into your brain at once.
♥ Locker Organization: If you can find a locker shelf that will fit into your locker, BUY IT! This was something that really helped my stay organized. It provided an extra shelf for my books/notebooks/folders/etc. and helped me know where all my things were. I also sorted things by class on it, for example I put all my French stuff together, all my Geography stuff together so when it comes time to go to that class, I could just grab it and go!

Okay, so I hope you find those tips helpful. I've done several posts before about what's in my school bag, so go check those out if you're interested, but I definitely will be making a YouTube video on this, showing you what I like to keep in mine, as well as even more study tips, and if I'm allowed to film at school during my "break" which is called study at my school,  then I will try and do a locker organization video or locker tour, but I don't think that will be possible. I will try though. Thank you for reading this, and good luck1 xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment